From 27 April until 3 May 2014, the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) will be the centre of the world to 64 international top talented bachelor’s students from 16 business schools all over the world.
These students will meet and compete against each other, during the fifth edition of the International Case Competition @Maastricht (ICC@M2014). With this prestigious event, SBE has secured its place in the prominent network of international case competitions, such as those in Singapore, Copenhagen, Montreal, Hong Kong and Bangkok.
Case competitions create a stage for international business talent and offer an international, high level and competitive learning environment. The challenge for the competitors is to address selected business cases and to present their solutions and recommendations to judging panels consisting of academics in business and business executives.
To further strengthen ties with business partners, the corporate events, which run parallel to the case competition, are an opportunity to interact with a diverse audience (SBE students, alumni, other professionals and SBE faculty) by means of a workshop. Last year’s business partners (e.g. ABN-AMRO Dialogues Incubator, Océ, DSM, Visa) were overwhelmed by the numerous insightful recommendations and ideas that they got to take home.
The International Case Competition@Maastricht is:
- a competition of 16 teams, each consisting of four top talented bachelor’s students representing some of the most reputable business schools from all over the world;
- hosted on SBE’s urban campus in a true, crossing borders European environment;
- played in preliminary rounds (Monday-Thursday) and finals (Friday);
- judged by international judging panels of academics and executives from the business world;
- dealing with challenging international business cases with special attention to Europe as playing field for business innovation;
- addressing entrepreneurship, responsible leadership and sustainability as the main issues of today and tomorrow.