Students rate Maastricht University as the best specialist university in the Netherlands. This was the outcome of a survey entitled De beste studies 2012 (‘the best study programmes in 2012’) conducted by Elsevier in partnership with research institute ResearchNed.
The results of the student ranking of SEB bachelor’s programmes are also very impressive:
- BSc International Business: #1
- BSc Econometrics & Operations Research: #2
- BSc Economics & Business Economics: #2
- BSc Fiscal Economics: #2
All SBE BSc programmes were rated above average by students, with the percentages of (very) satisfied students at 65 percent for International Business, 73 percent for both Econometrics & Operations Research and Economics & Business Economics and 71 percent for Fiscal Economics.
The ranking by professors had similar results with IB and E&OR ranking second in the country and Economics & Business Economics ranking fourth out of the ten comparable programmes. Fiscal Economics was not rated by academics.
Elsevier did not include all SBE’s master’s programmes in the ranking, and none of those included were comparable to other Dutch programmes, but the results we did achieve are nonetheless remarkable:
- MSc Management of Learning scored an extremely high 83 percent overall student satisfaction rate, one of the highest of all master’s programme rated.
- MSc International Business and MSc Financial Economics also scored above average in their specific categories.
The details of the ranking can be found on the Elsevier website. A copy of the report is also available from the Marketing & Communications office (email request to: publicrelations-sbe@